Two days after the last WOC-race Galina made some physiological testing. Key indicators are here:
1) VO2 max - 3,92 l/min (64,8 ml/min/kg) - it is lower value then in 2013 - 72,7 ml/min/kg (4,30 l/min). Possible reason is in using of different inclines (usually Galina uses 10,5%, but this time she made testing at 1,0%).
2) VO2 max speed - 20,0 km/h (1,0% incline) or 3:00 min/km
3) Anaerobic threshold speed - 17,9 km/h (1,0% incline) or 3:21 min/km - improved value in compare with last testing in March 2015 (the AnT speed was 3:35 min/km).
4) Oxygen consumption at anaerobic threshold 3,40 l/min (87,4% VO2max)
5) Running economy 198,8 ml/kg/km (measured at speed 16 km/hour, or 3:45 min/km) - this is a little bit reduced value in compare to result in March 2015 - 193,0 ml/kg/km
Here are some annual numbers from trainings of Galina (August 2014- July 2015, 365 days):
1) total hours of trainings: 518:31
2) hours of strength trainings: 36:13 (I dont count core exercises, back/abdominal muscles trainings, etc. I count hours of different strength sessions only for legs).
3) hours of endurance trainings (including orienteering): 482:18
4) threshold running (hours:min): 22:04
5) high intensity trainings (above anaerobic threshold): 58:30 ('time in zone based on session goal' method).
6) aerobic sessions: 401:44
7) intensity level: 16,7% (faster then aerobic threshold)
8) TRIMPS: 47705,0
9) running sessions: 511 times
10) alternative trainings: 4 times (3 - swimming, 1 - triathlon with victory in local race)
11) full rest or traveling days: 20 (without running or strength)
12) sickness/colds days: 4
13) days with injuries: 0
14) high-intensity session 48 times (excluding physiological tests and races; including forest or sprint O-intervals)
15) physiological tests (before exhaustion) - 4 times.
16) forest O-competitions (excluding Relays) - 26 times (including 15 WRE).
17) forest O-relays (Venla, Tiomila, etc.) - 7 times.
18) Sprint races (including Sprint relays) - 23 times (including 7 WRE).
19) Distance running competitions/time-trials (road running, cross-country running races, indoor/outdoor tracks) - 17 times.
Seasonal best (last 12 months) in distance running:
1000 m indoor - 2:55.0 (Moscow, 29/10/2014) PB
1500 m indoor - 4:32.5 (Barnaul, 10/01/2015) PB
3000 m indoor - 9:37.0 (Barnaul, 11/01/2015)
3000 m outdoor - 9:43.5 (Barnaul, 11/08/2015)
Unfortunately there were not so much opportunities to participate in strong track&field athletics competitions this season (because there were a lot of competitions and training camps in Orienteering) and PB at 3000 m (indoor 9:31.65) and 5000 m (outdoor 16:18.58) from 2014 are still the same.
Important part of Galinas preparation was training camp in Scotland with Scottish team in January - many thanks for Tessa Hill for valuable help and support!!
Also Bergen Sprint camp gave a lot of good experience! Once more - many thanks for organizers - Niklas Profors, Vyacheslav Mukhidinov, Jan Kocbach, Magnus Rogne Halland, Mette Rogne.
And then Galina came to altitude camp in Terskol (2100 m) near Elbrus mount.
Nature was amazing:
It was a really good emotional time together with all family:
Glacier 'Seven' is behind:
On the way to the highest peak in Europe - Elbrus (5642 m):
Example of HIT training in Tyrnauz:
27/06/2015 (and same 03/07/2015) 3х4х400 m (~1:20-1:21)/200 m (1:00) and 7 minutes between series.
All these training work has been repaid by WOC-medals!
P.S. Galina and me are really thankful for Alfta-Ösa OK - good support and positive emotions atmosphere helps a lot!!
P.P.S. Author of video and photo in Tyrnauz is Igor Popov.
P.P.P.S. Author of nice common photo of Nadiya and Galina is Jan Kocbach.
P.P.P.P.S. Story from Galina about WOC Sprint Relay and WOC Sprint Final is here.